Changing Your Mind
Make Your Life Better
you don't have to suffer or struggle
- call me to book your free consultation
- find out how I can help
make your life better for you
Ancient Wisdom - Meditation
SELF- HYPNOSIS IS one of the most powerful tools you can learn to turn around your life and any unhappy situation you find yourself in. I'm about to launch a truly powerful self-hypnosis programme that you can follow easily and take control of your life.
In the meantime, meditation is a great skill to learn to put your life circumstances into perspective, see things with clarity, and find the value in every moment.
Here are some Ancient Techniques that you can adopt to help make your meditation practice even more valuable to you.
Ancient Techniques to Quiet Your Mind...
For millennia, people have sought methods to quiet their minds. Long before modern technology introduced new distractions into our lives, humans have pursued inner peace. If you're seeking a method to quiet your mind and achieve inner peace, these four ancient techniques have proven effective even by today's standards.
Practice Breathwork Meditation
1. Practice breathing meditation. Breathing meditation is a simple and effective method for calming your mind. Start by finding a comfortable and quiet place where you can sit and observe your breath. With practice, you'll be able to meditate longer periods or place your mind on your breath in any surroundings.
2. Develop single-pointed concentration. Train your mind to rest upon your object of meditation whether it's a candle or a spoken mantra. Note any distracting thoughts but decline to pursue them. Bring your mind back to your chosen object.
3. Learn to visualize. Select images that promote happiness and serenity. Perhaps you may want to picture snow-capped mountains or sheep grazing in a meadow.
4. Focus on positive thoughts. If your meditation is part of a spiritual practice, you can follow the prayers taught in your tradition. Alternatively, you can soothe your mind by repeating any thought or quote that is meaningful for you.
Use the Soothing Qualities of Water
1. Take a bath. Cultures all over the world have long appreciated the calming effects of water. A simple warm bath can soothe your nerves. Rest your head on a bath pillow and add some comforting scents like sandalwood or lavender. Turn the lights down low and play soft music.
2. Surround yourself with the sound of water. Eat your lunch by a park fountain or install a solar device in your own backyard. You can find recordings of waterfalls online or get a CD with aquatic effects that you can play anywhere you go.
Get Back to Nature
1. Go for a walk. In some eras, it was common for people to go on long retreats into the wilderness. Even a short break can do wonders to restore your peace of mind. Visit your local state park or take a quiet walk around your neighborhood. If you work indoors all week, use the weekend to explore scenic trails for biking and hiking.
2. Cultivate a garden. Gardening is a great way to slow down and appreciate nature. Devote a section of your backyard to growing flowers and vegetables. If you live in an apartment setting, select plants that will flourish indoors or on a balcony, like some species of palm trees and herbs.
3. Spend time with animals. Spending time with animals is so therapeutic it's even been proven to help people recover from surgery faster. Take your dog for a walk. Watch your cat at play. Sign up for horseback riding lessons.
Live in the Present Moment
1. Put the past behind you. Dwelling on the past can make it difficult to feel composed. If you're thinking about past misfortunes, decide if you'd rather devote your energy to more constructive activities.
2. Adopt a positive view towards the future. The future always carries some uncertainty. Focus on creating causes for a better future and patiently accepting whatever outcomes arise.
3. Enjoy the present moment. Give your full attention to what is happening now. Take advantage of the opportunities before you and delight in the good things that surround you. Steer your mind towards wholesome thoughts and actions. Engage fully with the people who share your life.
Many ancient techniques work equally well today for achieving a quiet mind regardless of external circumstances. Visit your local library or bookstore to discover more information about the healing powers of meditation. With these methods, you can create a welcoming environment for yourself and others and train your mind to enjoy greater peace.
How I Can Help
Below are a few of the popular treatments that I successfully help people with to bring lasting freedom, health and happiness into their lives.
Bring the Sunshine back into your life...